DellDriverTM.com is a website that specialize on providing Dell’s latest Drivers either for Printers, Laptops, or even Monitors. Get the latest Dell Drivers here from our website.
Anyone can be a victim of sexual assault, and it is the kind of violation that causes after-effects nearly as devastating as the assault itself. Without drastic changes to your personal habits, you can be mindful of ways to help protect yourself from this insidious crime.
Sadly, the statistics about sexual assault are devastating:
- 50% of all women will be physically or sexually abused during their lifetimes. (U.S. Department of Justice)
- 1 in 4 college women will be sexually assaulted during their student tenures. (U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics)
- Every 35 seconds a woman is raped. (U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation)
Rape costs America between 110 and 127 BILLION dollars per year. (In comparison robbery costs approximately 4 billion.) And these are merely the economic costs.
- Women experiencing rape are 26 times more likely to have a drug problem and 13 times more likely to have an alcohol problem.
- 31% of rape victims will experience post-traumatic stress syndrome.
- Rape victims are 13 times more likely to contemplate suicide than non-victims; 1 in 8 will actually attempt suicide.
BASIC PREVENTION GUIDELINES
- Whenever possible, park in a well-lighted area
- Always keep your car locked while driving and after parking
- Since rapists look for women who appear vulnerable and inattentive to their surroundings, always walk purposefully and stay alert, EVEN IN FAMILIAR AREAS.
- Avoid walking alone, especially if you are depressed, exhausted, intoxicated or otherwise distracted.
- If you sense someone following you, walk slower, faster, change your route and head for a place like an open store or a well-lighted private residence and draw attention to yourself.
- Never hitchhike, pick up hitchhikers or accept rides from strangers. You have lost control once you become trapped in a closed vehicle.
- In high-risk areas, like laundromats and basement laundry rooms in apartment buildings, bring a friend with you.
- If you are approached or observe something suspicious, take note of as much detail as possible so that you can furnish police with specific information about the culprit.
- Never accept open drinks or food from a stranger. Be especially alert about this when you are in a crowded or public situation where disabling drugs can easily be manipulated.
- In situations with friends, acquaintances or dates, be sure to say NO loudly and clearly when you mean it. Do not be concerned about politeness when your safety may be at stake.
Although no one defense works in every situation, here are some recommendations:
EMPLOY PASSIVE RESISTANCE
- Calm the attacker, trying to persuade them out of the attack by gaining their confidence.
- Claim to be ill, menstruating or pregnant; if possible, cause yourself to urinate or vomit.
- Act insane, be loudly hysterical.
- Fake a faint or seizure. In all cases, make your act unexpected, dramatic and convincing.
EMPLOY ACTIVE RESISTANCE
- Ranging from a simple whistle or scream to fighting tactics, the intention of active resistance is to discourage or forcefully stop the attacker. Realize, however, that you risk reprisal from the attacker and could possibly drive them to more violence if you are unable to follow through with any aggressive act you employ.
- A diverting noise, such as a whistle, scream, shout of “FIRE!” or “POLICE!” may frighten your assailant away but these noises are only useful if there is someone around to hear you.
- If you carry a whistle, keep it on a keychain or in your pocket, NOT on a chain around your neck as it could be used to strangle you.
- Running can be effective, but only if you are reasonably certain that you can get a good lead and can reach safety before the attacker reaches you.
- If you decide to fight your attacker, you must be willing and able to inflict serious injury without hesitation. Apply force to vulnerable areas: kick or hard squeeze to the testicles, hard strike to the throat, hard stomp on the instep or damaging jab into the eyes. It is wise to take a thorough self-defense course before trying to defend yourself physically. Also, get instruction on how to use pepper spray or other defensive legal weapons in order to employ them without risking your own injury.
NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU ARE SEXUALLY ATTACKED…
Whether you fight or submit, remember that you are the victim, you are NOT RESPONSIBLE for the situation and you should ALWAYS report the incident, in as much detail and as soon as possible, to authorities, and seek qualified medical attention. Don’t let your attacker hurt you twice by refusing to report him and carrying unmerited shame or guilt on yourself.
Download the Dell Drivers that you need from this download link