DellDriverTM.com is a website that specialize on providing Dell’s latest Drivers either for Printers, Laptops, or even Monitors. Get the latest Dell Drivers here from our website.
Smartphones are the latest must-haves for many people. Stationary work environments are a thing of the past as people are on the move and need to be able to take their work, family and friends with them. A smartphone is a new wave in cell phone technology that includes personal digital assistant capabilities too. They allow instant Internet access and have advanced features that are like a laptop.
Common Smartphone Features
* Cell phone
* E-mail access
* Touch-screen with high-resolution
* Global positioning system
* Contact database
* Ability to read PDF files
* Music player
* Image viewer
* Video player
* Internet access
Computer Access from Cell Phones
The days of lugging around a large, weighed cell phone are gone. Today's cell phones are slim, sleek and functional. Smartphones take that a step further and incorporate data management and computer use with cell phone technology. The idea has been well received and people are using smartphones for business and personal use.
The iphone is Apple's latest and highly popular version of the smartphone. Other brands include Blackberry, Windows Mobile, Symbian, HTC Excalibur and Palm. These smartphones run on operating system (OS) software that allows them to share information from a computer or other interfaces. Such operating systems make it possible for users to access their computer files, graphics, history, memory, stage and more from their cell phones.
Common Operating Systems for Smartphones
1. Linux is one of the oldest operating systems in use and it is completely free. This system was created by a hobbyist and was not taken seriously for many years, but it is still around and considered one of the best shareware programs.
2. Mac OSX is Apple's version of a graphic operating system. It is a high-functioning program that turns a regular cell phone into a high-tech smartphone.
3. Solaris is Microsystem's platform supported by Dell, HP, and IBM. It is a trusted name in computers and smartphones. It works on a variety of interfaces to meet the growing demand for mobile PC usage.
4. Palm OS is based on the PDAs that hit the market in 1996. It is exceptional at keeping information organized and makes file management and storage a breeze. It is easy to use, has high graphical resolution, and uses a touch-screen model.
5. Microsoft Windows is probably the most recognized of the OS software programs. It makes Internet use on-the-go a reality.
Will Smartphones Replace Laptops or Home Computers?
Smartphones are high-end technical gadgets that are convenient because they combine cell phone features with organization and Internet access. New versions with improved features and greater capacity continue to emerge. Smartphones probably will not replace laptops or home computers, though. As intelligent and sophisticated as smartphones are, they are not practical for long-term use. Smartphones are great supplemental tools for business, home office and entertainment purposes. But try spending eight hours in front of a tiny screen, reading, texting, copying or any other tasks you would normally do on your computer. It would not be a pleasant experience.
The Future of Smartphones
The future of smartphones is promising. We can look forward to increased battery power, larger memory capacity, the ability to watch TV and movies on the phone and the ability to be connected anytime, anywhere. Aside from better functionality, smartphones will be available in a variety of versions to appeal to a wider audience. As the competition for smartphones increases, the prices are dropping and they are becoming more accessible to everyone.
Download the Dell Drivers that you need from this download link